Thursday, July 14, 2011

Welcome Lily Anne Fraser



On Friday 1st July, we welcomed Lily Anne into our family. Lily was born at 10.52 am, weighing 3.3kg or 7pound 4oz, and measuring 50cm in length. Marcus and I were overwhelmed by the feelings we had that moment when we saw her and knew that all was ok. We could immediately see similarities to Archie, though we were surprised to see such dark features- lots of dark hair, eyes and gorgeous olive skin. Whilst in recovery, Marcus made phone calls to all the family and waited patiently for us to return to the room. My heart skipped a beat as we came down the hall and I could see Marcus at the door, grinning from ear to ear waiting to see his girls. We had a few hours together, enjoying those cuddles and embracing Lily; oh how lucky were are to be blessed with 2 beautiful children.
Uncle Brent was the first visitor, as he was when Archie arrived. Then Mum and Jacquie arrived with Archie. It was a gorgeous moment when Archie met his sister Lily, he was pleased as punch! Lily was such a nice sister too, giving Archie a toy- Harold the helicopter. He was very happy with this treat! Jeremy and Carly, Murray and Shell also popped in and by dinner time, everyone had left and I was ready to chill with my girl. She seemed to latch on straight away and we had a lovely first night together. We had lots of visitors during my 5 night stay and with my recovery much better than with Archie, I was able to enjoy it a lot more.

Lily is 2 weeks old tomorrow- it's gone so fast! I love how Archie has been so good with her and adjusting to me feeding her and so forth, it's been such a relief for us all. I love how Lily snuggles up on my chest, like a little koala, probably as she did in the womb. I love her scent and her smooth skin, just perfect. I love how day by day, she is becoming more alert and eager to learn about the world that she has entered.
I also love how she sleeps so sound, totally oblivious to the drums Archie bangs, as she has heard his loud voice for over 9 months now. I love seeing Marcus and Lily having a moment together and the incredible support he has been for me, giving me time with Lily to establish feeding, whilst he has occupied Archie.
Life is precious and incredible right now; part of me wishes I could freeze this moment in time as it is just so amazing, but I know that it only gets better. So I will capture these moments on camera and film (taking way too many photos!) and welcome each new stage as we go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment