Thursday, July 14, 2011

When 3 becomes 4...

It's Thursday 29th June and I have just woken up, ready to make the most of our last day with Archie before his world is turned upside down! I'm sitting on the couch, watching him play- he's "building a Cubby house with his Lego, just like Brent" he says... Then he goes on to describe in detail the door, walls, windows and oh... "I need stairs Mum!"
Maybe I'm emotional today, as I'm shedding a little tear as I write, but gosh I love him to bits and am so proud of him and the little man he has turned into. As Parents, we do what we can, to make sure they have the right food, experiences and happiness that will make them thrive and love life to the fullest. It is full on and very draining at times, but one cant put a price on uninterrupted 'time' with their child. It is harder than it sounds with all the gadgets we have, let alone daily chores, but I try to do this every day as I feel this is so important for his language development. Can I keep it up when number 2 arrives... I hope so!




It's nice to reflect on the growth he has made lately... Yes he still has a temper and has his 'grizzly bear' moments, but on the whole he is one happy boy. I love how he uses his manners and engages with all that he meets- I laugh as he chats to all the oldies down the concourse- he is best buddies with the fruit shop ladies, coaxing them into a free piece every visit! He has become quite independent now at playing on his own too, especially with his new cubby built by Uncle Brent- good timing buddy as there will be a lot of this in the next few weeks! We are sure you will be a great brother and look forward to our family of 4.

But of course as a mum sitting here watching him, I always worry about one thing or the other- do I play/read/cuddle him too much? Is that even possible? Is he getting better at playing with his friends and sharing at daycare? Why does mother's guilt follow me everywhere? Marcus has a chuckle when I tell him my worries as they are pretty lame, but that's just how it is, our motherly instinct is to love, protect and worry about our family.

I'm feeling excited about bub's arrival, nervous too but much more relaxed this time round.
We didn't find out the sex so that moment when we see bub will be amazing! I can't wait for
those first few hours of skin on skin cuddles with our newborn.
Next time I write I will be a mother of 2 and no doubt have a totally different perspective on life! 'Til then...
P.S. We have a teeny tiny feeling it might be a girl, let's see if we are right!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful way to record your last moments as a family of 3.
    Archie will be a brilliant BIG brother and both of your children are very lucky to be so loved

    ReplyDelete