Monday, February 20, 2012

Daddy's back :-)


Today I thought I would start with a picture that means so much to me... it speaks volumes and needs no words but whilst my thoughts are fresh, I will share them. I quickly grabbed my iphone this morning and managed to take this photo just as they had left our house for Kinder. Archie was so excited that 'Daddy' was going to take him and I think Marcus was quielty just as stoked. They have a great bond, I just love watching my boys. It can't be easy for either whilst Marcus is away, but they manage to have great chats on Skype and simply continue where they left off whenever he returns. I love how Archie's head is tilted slightly, just making sure Marcus is listening to his every word. It is days like this where I feel we are lucky that Marcus can be involved in his daily activities. Yes, he might miss many things, but when he is home, we are fortunate that he can work his golf schedule around us and I like that very much.

It has been a month since Marcus was home last but it has really flown. He had a really consistent trip, making all 4 cuts and finishing strong in India in his last week, tied 4th. Good results definitely make it all worth while. He has been training hard this year and really determined to stay in the top 100, with a goal of top 50 in the near future. I have no doubt he can do it- I am of course a biased wife, but I think he prepares well and he seems to have a good balance between golf, family and other interests which is so important. We will head to Europe this year for around 3 months, I am really looking forward to it and I am sure it will be a huge adventure for the kids, more zoos!

Lily has changed a lot in the last month and she was giving her best smiles this morning when she had cuddles with Daddy. She is sitting up so well now; still loves her tummy though and moving off the mat most days; she loves dropping things and getting me to pick them up; she loves bopping her head , so much so that I worry she will hurt herself; she is a great sleeper both day and night, having 2 good 1-2hr day sleeps and then punching out nearly 12 hrs at night, it is incredible- Archie was never this good! I keep waiting for it to turn pear-shaped as we are mighty lucky to have two sleeping through the night... Poor Archie, I'm sure he wasn't that bad, the little munchkin! I do remember quite clearly having a shocking few weeks around his 8th month but the rest is quite blurry ... I wish I was more thorough with my journal writing with him as an infant to compare them both- it's going to be a challenge to back track to do a proper baby book for him.


As for creativity, I have done a little here and there at night and Project Life is going along nicely, though I have been a little into MKR and now Revenge on tv! Here are a few things I have completed:
A photo wall mixed with a range of photos that I hope to change often. I have changed from Green and Teal to Orange and Teal and loving the bright, happy orange, so I inlcuded a few embellishments in the frames to co-ordinate.

Another 6x12 extra page for Project Life- I can write so much more and love adding them to the album- this has been created in Photoshop, printed and then a flower and no.7 added on top.
And below, another extra page after a photo shoot with the cherubs. Click on the photos to enlarge.


Well, that might have to do for now, we have a very busy week ahead, starting tonight- I am off to an Italian cooking class tonight with Kath and Robyn, Yummo! I am also doing a photography class this weekend, so I hope I can share some tips and really improve my photos, can't wait for that! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment